Hey! I just downloaded the Mac version of Dead Man's Rest and I just wanted to inform y'all that there seems to be a bit of a struggle with opening the full game on Mac. The icon appears when clicking on the game and bounces a few times on the dock before disappearing. This is a typical problem that I come across with Mac versions. Whenever this happens I've come to realize that all the files for the Mac version are there, it's just in the wrong spot.
1. To 'fix' this what I like to do is open up the file (dead-mans-rest-mac-final) that is given when purchasing the game.
2. Then, locate the files that say renpy.py, renpy.sh, game, lib, and renpy (the plain blue folder, NOT the icon with the girl). Copy all 5 files.
3. Next, hover over the renpy file (girl with the hat) and click over it with two fingers on the touchpad. Click Show Package Contents.
4. Double-click the Contents folder. Next, double-click the Resources folder. This should bring you to a screen that shows a file named icons.icns. You shouldn't mess with that since it is in the correct spot.
5. Click with two fingers on the touchpad and create a file next to the icons.icns file called autorun (Do NOT capitalize any of the letters). Right next to the autorun file that you've just created, paste ONLY the lib file that you copied from step 2.
6. Now open the autorun file that you've created. On this screen paste the renpy.py, renpy.sh, game, and renpy (blue folder) files from step 2.
7. Once this is all done, all you have to do is go all the way back to the screen that you were on in step 2 and double-click the file called renpy (that has a girl with a hat on it).
8. The game should open now.
After following these steps I was able to get the game to open on my Mac. I don't think Mac Os versions really matter since I've been using this process for a while now and it hasn't failed me yet!This list can apply to ANY Mac download that bounces on the dock a few times before disappearing. This isn't my first rodeo so I'm used to doing this but I've realized that there are some new Mac users who are struggling with this problem. I just wanted to leave this here to help anyone who needs it!